January 30, 2010
Things you just do
Originally published September 1, 2004
Some people, especially Democrats, don't look at life the same way I do. I've lived 52 years and I believe that I've gathered a modicum of wisdom in that time. I've seen fire and rain. I've seen life as it really is. Here are the lessons I've learned, the hard way.
* Nothing in this world is free.
* People you trust, and even LOVE, are capable of stabbing you in the back.
* The only thing in life that never goes away is a sense of family, if you have one.
* Hard work pays off.
* You're a victim ONLY if you allow yourself to be one.
* Government is NOT my friend.
* Money isn't everything.
* But being broke sucks.
* Everybody makes mistakes. A wise man learns from his mistakes and a fool repeats them.
* It's wonderful to be loved.
* It hurts like hell to be betrayed by someone you love.
* I get along with kids so well because I still remember what it was like to be one. That's a magical time in life.
* Santa Claus doesn't exist, but he should.
* Never stop dreaming. That's where great ideas come from.
Okay, that's it. My brain is full.
All content © Rob Smith