April 12, 2006
In my mail today, I received a flyer from some obscure religious group. I didn't read the entire thing before I tossed it in the trash. I'm not interested in becoming religious at this point in my life, and even if I WERE, I wouldn't choose those people as my saviors. I got this far and quit:
"With God, all things is possible."
They speak religibonics! As an English Major, I really don't believe that I would fit in at their church. What are their Ten Commandments? Something like this?
1. "Thou shalt not put no other gods before me."
2. "Thou shalt not be making unto me no gravy image."
3. "Thou shalt not takes the name of the LORD thy God in vein."
4. "Remember the sabbath day, to keeps it holey.
5. "Honour thighs father and thighs mother."
6. "Thou shalt not kill nobody."
7. "Thou shalt not commit them adulteries."
8. "Don't be stealing nothin."
9. "Thou shalt not bare no false witnesses against thy neighbor, or nobody else even."
10. "Thou shalt not run around coveting stuff thy neighbor's got, especially not no ass, nor anything a'tall that are thy neighbor's."
The thought is there, but it just doesn't ring Biblical to me.
All content © Rob Smith