July 09, 2008
the death of civilization
Originally PUBLISHED July 22, 2005
I gotta ask a few questions. I look around today and I see a lot of spoiled-assed people running around acting as if they know their asses from a hole in the ground when they don't. Life is just too soft anymore.
1) How many of you people know how to drive a vehicle with MANUAL TRANSMISSION?
2) How many of you people can make popcorn on the STOVE, in a POT, the old-fashioned way?
3) How many of you people ever saw a drive-in movie?
4) How many of you people know how to bake a potato without using a microwave oven?
5) How many of you people can build a fire, first time every time, in the woods? Even when it's raining?
6) How many of you people know how to skip a rock?
7) How many people know the way to tell when a watermelon is ripe without touching it in the field?
8) How many of you people ever handled a firearm and hit what you shot at, without being "afraid" of the gun?
9) How many of you people take care of yourselves without relying on government to do that job for you?
10) How many people ever stood up to a bully and never had to fight him again? Even when you lost the fight. How many people have balls enough to do that today?
I see this country becoming totally pussified. I refuse to be a part of it. I can live in the woods. I know how to fish, and I've never had "buck fever" when aiming a gun at a live animal. I can build a fire and skip a rock. I can grow my own food. I know how to make moonshine, too.
Can YOU do it? If not, how many people do you know who can?
All content © Rob Smith