April 17, 2006
I haven't done one of these in a while, so it's about time I did.
1. What issues are going to be most critical in the next Presidential election?
The War on Terror and Immigration Reform are the big issues, and I don't believe that either party has the balls or the ability to deal effectively with either problem. But it really doesn't matter to me, because I ain't gonna vote. Unless John Kerry gets the Democrat nomination again. I just might have to nuance my Cracker ass to the polls and vote against that weasel again.
2. Should convicted felons re-gain rights to vote, own or carry guns, hold public office, and serve on a jury?
I once would have answered this question differently, but the War on Drugs changed my mind. Thanks to our famous but futile War on Drugs, we have a lot of convicted "felons" around who are less of a menace to society than most politicians are. Besides, true felons are unlikely to vote or run for public office anyway. Drop this stupid law.
3. Should the government legalize illicit drugs, thereby allowing tax revenues and easing the burden on prisons for drug-related crimes?
Yes. We've already spent BILLIONS of dollars on this "problem" and it's worse now than it was before the War on Drugs began. No law will ever stop people from being people, and people are gonna gamble, fuck and get high. They have since the dawn of civilization and they ain't gonna stop now. The war on drugs is a collossal waste of time, money and energy on a lost cause. End it now.
4. What is the best thing that ever happened to you, outside of marriage, and children?
Blogging. It saved my life once, and it enriches my existence today. It's the best hobby I ever had.
5. If you had one wish, what would it be?
I wish I were young again. I want to shed this worn-out body the way a lizard sheds its skin and go back to being 21 years old again. Of course, I want to remember what I know today, too. That's a big wish, but it sure would be nice to have it come true.
All content © Rob Smith