January 07, 2006
maybe I need one
Growing old is a real bitch. Among the many disturbing differences I've noticed in my body, the changes in my hair are the most mystifying. Why is it that---
1) As the hair grows thinner on my head, it grows thicker in my eyebrows and ears.
2) I think it's getting thicker in my nostrils, too.
3) During my football-playing days, I shaved the hair on my legs from mid-calf down to allow for painless ankle-taping. Now that part of my legs appears shaven all the time, as if I'm wearing skin-tone socks.
4) The hair on my body (including my pubic growth) is as dark as it ever was, while the hair on my head (including my beard and moustache) is gray. I'd like to think that I'm still young from the neck down, but that ain't so.
5) Several years ago, I noticed a single black hair sprouting from the bridge of my nose. I never had that before, but it grows right back every time I shave it or pluck it out.
Maybe I should visit a good tonsorial parlor and try this.
All content © Rob Smith