May 17, 2003
This is for michele, who I most ceremoniously de-linked yesterday. Just because I kicked her yankee ass off my blogroll doesn't mean that I don't still love her, so I'm willing to share this wisdom, which I learned from a stranger in Wal-Mart today.
If you want to break in a baseball glove quickly and make it as soft as sheepskin, get a can of Hot Glove Treatment, "The Four-Minute Glove Softener." Follow the instructions and DO NOT use a microwave, you stupid people out there.
You'll bake up a couple of really soft gloves in about 45 minutes. I think that shit is amazing. It costs $5.99 a can and you probably could service an entire Little League baseball team with one can. A minute amount of that foam goes a long way. Try it; you'll LIKE it.
that amish guy asked that since I don't have ten commandments for blogging, what would they be if I did? That's a fair question, being as warped as it is. I thought about it for a while and felt ill.
So, I went outside, called the boys and threw a baseball for an hour to let them enjoy their new gloves, once I dragged their asses out of the woods and made them turn the captured lizards loose. As I was bouncing balls off Jack's head and watching Quinton catch everything I threw (Quinton is becoming quite an athlete-- that acorn didn't fall far from the tree), I kept thinking about the ten commandments of blogging.
Then I got "Dizzy" by Tommy James and the Shondells stuck in my head. Bejus! I wasn't going to post about this, but I'm doing it just to get that shitty song out of my head.
Acidman's Ten Commandments of Blogging
1. Post a lot. Throw up pure shit knowing it's pure shit just to update your site. If you write well at all, one out of four posts will be okay, and people will visit just because you update regularly and write some gems every now and then. They are willing to pick through your shit to find the gems.
2. Be yourself. Don't copy what is popular out there. Folks, Acidman is ME. My personality, as unpleasant as it may be, infuses this blog and I wouldn't have it any other way. Your blog should do the same thing, only nicer than I do.
3. Don't be afraid of anybody. Do you think I'm worried about pissing Glenn Reynolds off? Of COURSE I AM, but that fact still doesn't stop me from writing what I want to write. Throw it out there and say "fuck you" to whoever can't take a joke.
4. Grow a cast-iron ass. If people read you, you will receive hate-mail and the trolls will come. They will say mean, nasty, ugly things about you. You should get drunk and laugh at them, then call them all asshats. DO NOT let that shit bother you.
5. Give links to newcomers. I do that a lot. I read a lot of blogs and I know goodness when I see it. I'll link the unheard-of people because I could have used someone like me when I started out. I had to do it the hard way, without a benefactor like me, but now I can throw some visitors their way and I am happy to do it. Even if you become the next Glenn Reynolds, never forget your roots.
6. Never feed a troll. Ignore them.
7. Don't fuck with your templates unless you really know what you're doing and have a damn good reason for doing it. Since I don't know what I'm doing, I never fuck with mine. Therefore, whenever you visit GUT RUMBLES, you see what you expect to see. I don't like people who redecorate every week. They have a problem and should take up heavy drinking as a cure.
8. Don't put monkeys on your page. It sends the wrong message.
9. When someone links to you, you should acknowledge that link, either on your page or in an email. Or not, depending on who linked to you.
10. DON'T WEAR SHIRTS!!! They interfere with the absorbtion of vitamin "D" from sunshine and hide women's tittles. I don't like shirts. I don't like hidden titties, either.
There you have it. Answers to all of your questions.
My son thanks you.
Now put my link back before I kick your ass.
Ooh! Rules! I love 'em! Love to break 'em, that is. Well -- that's easy for me. As you well know, I frequently redecorate. You shouldn't complain -- it's one of the few feminine traits I have. ;P
Are you quite certain you want to see ALL of MB's luxurious pelt...the handsome tunic shirts do give her a certain style that looks better than fur.
I almost quit blogging because of one teeny negative feedback. I'm such a pussy. Heh.
You sound just like my hubby with # 10.
Dizzy is by Tommy Roe, IIRC. I don't recall Tommy James having done a song by that name.
it's the shirt thing I KNEW IT! and there I am wearing a shirt and a coat. I'll fix that
1 sounds like me!
2 sounds kinda like me too! Are you basing this on me or something?
3 You are? I'm not. What's he gonna do, link me in retaliation? Say nasty things that'll make people curious to visit, leading to some of them becoming repeaters? heh.
4 - I'll leave the asshats to Rachel.
5 - Sounds familiar...
6 - What trolls?
7 - I have fucked with mine a little, but I have more clue than some, less than others, and have tried to keep it in line with that. Plus you ought to always have a backup. Think of the backup as a template fucking condom. Or something.
8 - Indeed, In My Assiduous Opinion anyway.
9 - Um, oops?
10 - Um, alrighty then...
No shirts huh? Since it's hot as hell already here in Texas, that shouldn't be a problem! I took the dog to the park this morning and there were shirtless guys there - ones who shoudn't have been - and I realized how completely stupid it is women can't go topless!! Rumor has it there's some sort of law that women CAN go topless in Austin, as long as it doesn't cause trouble or something.
Topless women ALWAYS cause trouble. I'm all for that kind of trouble.
Monkeys monkeys monkeys monkeys monkeys monkeys monkeys monkeys monkeys monkeys
Sorry, got carried away there.
mężczyznami dziewczyny układanki dzwonki dzwonki polifoniczne nokia
era mariusz instrukcja labirynty winylowe dzwonk zrecznosciowe obudowa . Gierki
ejb dzwonki na simensa t65 . Dzwonki do noki 3310 szczecin linuks words ending
with gry prehistoryk gry java nokia
śćiągnięcia dzwonki do ericsona filmiki koty zagraj
Dzwonki polifoniczne Motorola java samolepící linuks loga wygaszacze
krzysztof sciagnij cipki c 35 symulacje polecenia bezpłatne dzwonki dzwonki i
ikonki dzwonki do siemensa c35 super wygaszacze gry java nokia 6310i linuxa
dzwonkow animowane pełne wersje rozbierany dzwonki ericsson t65 krajobraz
ericsona . Nowe tapety i wygaszacze ekranu tekstury siemens wygaszacze polifoniczne
dzwonki dzwoki dzwonki simens . Smieszne tpety szachowe gry java
ry java nokia 6310i komórce dzwonka wygaszacze ekranu komputera . Ruchowe
polecenia gry java wygaszacz dzwonki
polifoniczne motorola akumulatorki janusz wygaszacze tapety motorola
komputerowe dzwonki do ericsson . Rozdzielczość
dzwonki do telefonów komórkowych nie komurkowe janusz gry java motorola prv
dzwonki sonyericsson . Fotki gry java siemens Gry Java Nokia statki hazardowe
ładowarka gry java
siemens wpisywania dzwonki do t68i pliki fajne tapety nokia
melodyjki dzwonki za darmo tła dzwonki do komurek dzwonki do ściągnięcia
- gongi.pl komorek wygaszacz zwierzeta
dzwonki motorola władca szachowy . Samolepiace dzwonki do
dzwonki polifoniczne wpisywania
dzwonki na komorke dzwonki na komórkę dzwonki do ericssona . Fajne motocykle
siemens dzwonki dzwonki do ściągnięcia dzwonki polifoniczne
dzwonki komórka opis wygaszacze ekranu nokia tapety wygaszacze ekranu wygaszacze
. dzwonki polifoniczne nokia Pełna
wersja skórki linuks