November 09, 2008
More random ramblings
Originally published April 10, 2002
(I have a TV dinner in the microwave and I just took the last vicodin remaining from my prostate surgery. I feel THAT POORLY, and the wine isn't helping very much. If the blog gets a little wobbly about thirty minutes from now, it's the codeine kicking in. Bedtime will be shortly thereafter.)
1) The best day and the worst day of my life both involved dealing with the same person. Go figure.
2) I have sat on top of a mountain and watched a spectacular meteor shower. If that doesn't make you feel small, you are.
3) Grits are good with breakfast if you know how to cook them and how to serve them. If you don't, they suck.
4) My idea of a fine fishing trip is to sit in a boat and drink beer. I really don't care if I catch anything or not.
5) Some people live to work. I work to live. I give it my all, but if I hit the lottery tomorrow, I won't work any more.
6) I STILL have no use for fire ants, sand gnats or kamakazi hamburger patties. But I love going barefoot.
7) You can have sex with a woman and still be her friend, without the sex, years later. I KNOW that's true.
8) Happiness is no tan lines. That was the motto of the nude resort I visited in Key West. UNHAPPINESS is a burnt butt and a henna tattoo that makes your arm swell and leaves a permanent scar. A true adventure, nonetheless.
9) The older you grow, the more you become JUST LIKE YOUR FATHER, no matter how ridiculous that concept may have seemed years ago.
10) Young men who die in war always cry out for "Mama" as their lives fade away. Mama gave you life and took care of you every time you were sick. Mama loves you when nobody else does. You always will be her baby, and she will always be your Mama. That's a good thing, and you can't screw it up if you try. I tried, and it didn't work. Trust me on this one.
Okay, I'm buzzing now. Time for a quick supper and bed. God, I hope I feel better in the morning.
All content © Rob Smith