Gut Rumbles
 

March 19, 2008

I was wondering

Originally published April 24, 2003

The sky was blue around the Crackerbox today, and I was beginning to wonder whether I made the right decision about not going to Merlefest today. Forecasters are wrong a lot of the time. I had until 6:00 this evening to cancel my motel reservations and I DID spend $180 for the ticket.

I thought about just grabbing my bag and leaving as the sky started to change. It became hazy, then slightly overcast. I cannot see the sun anymore. I decided that I was correct this morning. I called the Holiday Inn and cancelled.

It's going to rain here, too, but I'll be inside, listing to the sound of bacon frying that the rain makes when it falls off my roof and hits my front porch. I WILL NOT be in the mountains of Wilkesboro, North Carolina being miserable.

Sometimes, a man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.

Comments
Post a comment














*Note: If you are commenting on an older entry, your
comment will not appear until it has been approved.
Do not resubmit it.