November 02, 2007
Don't ask me why
Originally published August 3, 2004
Well, I said that I was going to blog a lot today before I hit the road tomorrow, so I stole this quiz from a fellow Georgian.
1) WHAT COLOR ARE YOUR BEDROOM WALLS?
They are supposed to be white, but I think they are more nicotine-yellow now.
2) WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING NOW?
Why Every Son Needs A Dad, by Gregory E. Lang, and it's depressing the shit out of me. I miss my boy.
3) WHAT’S ON YOUR MOUSE PAD?
All kinds of notes, phone numbers, links and passwords. I have no clue what some of that crap is, but I wrote it down for some reason.
4) FAVORITE BOARD GAME?
5) FAVORITE MAGAZINE?
I don't subscribe to any magazines anymore, but I once liked Sports Illustrated a lot.
6) FAVORITE SMELL?
The grass on a freshly-mown golf course. That's heavenly.
7) FAVORITE COLOR?
Red. And Silver. And Black. GOOOOOO DAWGS!!!!!
8) LEAST FAVORITE COLOR?
Pink. I HATE pink.
9) HOW MANY RINGS BEFORE YOUR ANSWERING MACHINE PICKS UP?
10) MOST IMPORTANT MATERIAL THING IN MY LIFE?
My 1964 Martin D-28 guitar. It's the best friend I ever had and it has NEVER let me down.
11) FAVORITE FLAVOR OF ICE CREAM?
Chocolate Almond, although I don't eat a lot of ice cream.
12) DO YOU BREAK THE SPEED LIMIT DAILY?
Hell yes. If you drive the speed limit in Effingham County somebody will run over your ass.
13) DO YOU HAVE A STUFFED ANIMAL IN YOUR ROOM SOMEWHERE?
Bejus! I hope not, but I'm afraid to look under the bed. Lori Hacking may be there.
14) STORMS - COOL OR SCARY?
Cool. I always sit in my garage and watch thunderstorms. The more violent, the better.
15) FAVORITE DRINK?
Imperial beer in Costa Rica.
16) WHEN IS YOUR BIRTHDAY?
February 16, 1952. Aquarius.
17) FAVORITE VEGETABLES?
Shuck beans, black-eyed peas, fresh spinich, baby lima beans, Vidalea onions and homegrown tomatoes.
18) IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY JOB, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
Piano player in a classy whorehouse.
19) IF YOU COULD HAVE ANY COLOR HAIR, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
I don't give a damn what color it is as long as I still have enough to run a brush through it.
20) HAVE YOU EVER BEEN IN LOVE?
Yes. Biggest mistake I ever made.
21) TOP THREE FAVORITE MOVIES (IN ORDER)?
Forrest Gump, True Grit and The Wild Bunch.
22) DO YOU TYPE WITH YOUR FINGERS ON THE RIGHT KEYS?
Shit no. I type about 60 WPM using just two fingers.
23) WHAT’S UNDER YOUR BED?
I don't want to know. Jimmy Hoffa might be there.
24) WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE NUMBER?
30. That was my number when I played football and it also means "the end" at the bottom of a newspaper article.
25) FAVORITE SPORT TO WATCH ON TV & IN PERSON?
College football. GOOOOO DAWGS!!!!
26) WHAT IS YOUR SINGLE BIGGEST FEAR?
Snakes. Or heights. That one is a tie.
27) FAVORITE CD OF ALL TIME & RIGHT NOW?
Crosby, Stills and Nash-- the very first release. Right now it's "Bitter Sweet" by Kim Richey (if you've never heard her, I recommend that you do)
28) FAVORITE TV SHOW OF ALL TIME & RIGHT NOW?
The original Star Trek. Right now? I don't have one. Maybe The Sopranos.
29) HAMBURGERS OR HOT DOGS?
Both. At the same time. I am a carnivore.
30) THE COOLEST PLACES YOU’VE EVER BEEN?
Jaco Beach, Costa Rica.
31) WHAT WALLPAPER AND/OR SCREENSAVER IS ON YOUR COMPUTER RIGHT NOW?
Nothing. I like looking at a black screen when I'm not blogging.
32) DOES MCDONALD’S SKIMP ON YOUR FRIES & DO YOU CARE?
McDonalds skimps on taste. I don't eat there unless I have Quinton with me.
33) FAVORITE CHAIN RESTAURANT?
Taco Bell. I know it's junk. but I like their tacos.
34) IF YOU HAVE A BOY (OR HAVE ANOTHER BOY) WHAT WOULD YOU NAME HIM?
That ain't going to happen. I had a vascetomy in 1999 and prostate surgery in 2001. I don't ejaculate anymore. But I named my son Quinton Robert Smith because I wanted him to have a unique first name (because I couldn't do anything about the "Smith" part), plus the name of his great-grandfather, my father and me. I think I did good naming my boy.
35) IF YOU COULD LEARN TO PLAY ONE INSTRUMENT OVERNIGHT, WHAT WOULD IT BE?
The banjo or the harmonica. I've been trying for YEARS to learn those two instruments and I'm still half-assed at both.