October 20, 2006
Originally published October 20, 2004
I have decided that I am one crazy mo-fo. The body doesn't work the way it once did, and a lot of that fact has to do with the crazy, mo-fo shit I did in my younger days. But there's very little of my past that I would swap for something else. I've enjoyed my life. I squeezed the juice out of it.
*I've made music with some famous people.
*I've been to bed with more wimmen than most men have.
*I've seen my writing published.
* I've been flat-assed broke.
* I've had a lot of money.
* I've owned more than I ever thought I would.
* I lost it all and I didn't die.
* I have known True Love. I also have known True Heartbreak.
* I trust very few people in this world, but the ones I DO trust, I trust deeply. I have never swallowed a more bitter pill than to have one of those people I trusted betray me.
* I like the mountains better than I do the beach.
* I don't want to live forever.
* I like guns. I once was an excellent marksman, but I'm not as good now as I once was. My eyesight has declined and I don't have the steady hands I once did. I can still shoot, but not like I could 25 years ago. Where did THAT boy go?
* I'm not done yet.
All content © Rob Smith