May 29, 2006
In MY humble opinion, the five biggest problems facing this country today are:
1) Islamo-fascism. Anybody who does NOT believe that we're now at war with a religion, controlled by insane, murderous zealots bent on our total destruction, is a blithering idiot. It's not about ooooiiillll!!! It's not about Iraq or weapons of mass destruction. It's about the future of western civilization. And when we have people who can't stomach THAT fight, we've already lost.
2) Illegal immigration. We're in a War on Terror? Bullshit! I would have an easier time today carrying a nuclear bomb in a backpack across our southern border than I would have bringing a set of moustache-sissors on a domestic airplane flight. Something is terribly wrong with that picture. And this problem isn't about cheap labor, people seeking opportunity or the unscrupulious employers who hire them. It's about our government's utter failure to do its job. If we accept that kind of incompetence from government, don't be surprised when the illegals assimillate US instead of the other way around.
3) The inevitable collapse of Social Security. It's coming. What are we doing about it? Nothing. How does government respond to this LEGITIMATE crisis? It brain-farts a "free" prescription drug plan for seniors. Instead of putting out a fire, politicians pour gasoline on it. If the Islamo-fascists just wait, they won't need a jihad to destroy us. We'll do it ourselves.
4) Environmentalism. Bejus! Show me a "cause" which allows a lying, delusional Al Gore to become viewed as a holy prophet, and I'll show you a religion more fanatical than Islamo-fascism. Here's one Big Tent where avowed communists, crazed leftoids, die-hard Luddites, risk-averse soccer-moms, stale hippies, unwashed lunatics, shameless bullshit artists and The Flat-Earth Society can ALL gather to worship. And they DO, too, in the hope of destroying western civilization.
5) Political corruption. I think the IRS is out to get ME, because the $40,000 I PAID in 2004 income taxes wasn't enough to satisfy the rapacious appetite of government. If the Power of the State comes after ME, I'm just plain fucked. I'll lose everything I have and end up with my Cracker ass in JAIL, too, for "cheating" on my taxes and there will not be a politician in this WORLD who will touch MY CASE with a ten-foot pole. But let a congressman get caught with $90,000 in bribe cash stored in his freezer and HE'S suddenly a "victim." Congress is OUTRAGED!!! My aching ass. Do you suppose that he paid income taxes on THAT money? Where is the IRS on THIS case?
I'm sorry, folks. I once believed that WE were the good guys. I loved my country and I was PROUD to be an American. But I'm starting to re-think my previous position now. The same people who won't fight a war against western civilization don't mind waging a futile War on Drugs that does a lot more harm than good. The same people who won't protect our borders have no problem abusing the individual rights of actual CITIZENS in this country. The same people who want to terrorize oil company executives over imaginary "windfall profits" don't think twice about protecting an obvious low-life, bribe-taking crook in their OWN midst.
Costa Rica is looking better and better to me all the time.
Why don't you run for elective office? Instead of cursing the darkness, light a candle.
We may be in the last days of a great Republic.
WE THE PEOPLE need to wake up before it's too late.
I hope we are. Legislation like HR25 (the Fair Tax) proposed by Rep. John Linder of your own state is a good small first step. It eliminates the IRS and it's capricious tyranny over the average citizen, and even more importantly, it takes a great deal of power away from the sleazebags in the government (by eliminating their ability to manipulate the tax code for special interests) and gives it back to the people, where it belongs.
ALL of the sleazoids presently ensconced in the halls of power need to learn that they work for US, not the other way around.
Remember that in the next election and take the present crop of self serving bastards out. The next crop had better learn the lesson if they wish to remain in office.
The projected 9.2 trillion dollar national debt is the biggest problem we are facing and is caused by all the problems you cited. We have some how evolved into a society that figures that THERE IS a free lunch and too many are expecting the government to provide it not realizing that WE are the government. There are some solutions but none of them are easy and all are going to cause some moaning and whining by the public. But if we the voters do not force the issue and demand that our elected representives do their duty we will lose our republic. Losing the republic is bad enough but the frightening thing will be what replaces it. When republics fall they are replaced by a strong man dictator. Lets just hope that it is a benevolent one.
We are so close to be fucked it's stupid and the problem lies within; those who wish to see our downfall are smarter than we give them credit for - they know just what buttons to push to get us fighting amongst ourselves instead of concentrating on them. I firmly believe that most of the Limousine Left is in the pocket of the powers outside our borders and they are helping to erode our sense of national pride and dignity by creating inner turmoil and I'm not too sure about some of those who say they're on the right these days, either. I think there are deeper and darker forces working than anyone would believe and when them come to light, there's going to be hell to pay. Just my paranoid opinion.
Almost 50 years ago, I read a book predicting that the ignorant and self-involved would breed faster than the rational and socially responsible thus leading to the inevitable bastardization of America. As I look back over the past 50 years, that is exactly what I see happening. I'm afraid that both our culture and our country are doomed by the growing indifference and ignorance of the American people. When I consider the state of our "justice" system, the ignorance of of our populace and the character of most of those elected to govern us, I can only reach this conclusion. I'm just glad I probably won't live to see it come to pass.
Why don't some of you crybaby asses vote
for Good Republicans and shut the hell up?
TOM CAT we thought we were voting for GOOD republicans and found out we were voting for donks in fuckin disguise
Come on folks...you've seen that idiot on TV advertising for his book that gives listings for government programs/giveaways. His sales pitch is that it's FREE MONEY! That guy should be taken out, dipped in tar, feathered and run out of the country. That money is MY money...and yours. I agree with you Rob...we gotta take this country back. We are living in a house of cards...
Now that Lay from Enron has been convicted by the government of basically lying and that he should have known that the accounting figures he presented were impossible, misleading, and far fetched, what are we going to do with the person(s) responsible for the much bigger and more costly lie of Social Security after it collapses?
Wake up TomCat. "Good Republican"="Good Democrat"="Good Politician"="oxymoron. We all know what any politician is....the only question is their price.
It is simply amazing to watch otherwise rational human beings skip right over the obvious and real cause of the problem, and instead, argue around the edge of the problem--just like politicians and the MSM.
Do y'all need the "alien" to burst out of your ignorant fucking chests before you realize the real problem?
Buncha dumb fucks--thinking that what is screwing you in the ass is somehow gonna save your ass.
Smif--you is really starting ta git it, but your groupies are a lost bunch.
Wow. Someone who gets that Islam hasn't made a finer person out of anyone. Becoming a Muslim or becoming a more devout Muslim has never made someone better. At best, such a person may have become more friendly within his community, but that's nothing more than expanded narcissism.
Yup. Islam is enemy #1. Until there is one Muslim version of ANSWER or Muslims demanding that Wahhabist Islam is removed from its position as our prison system's fastest growing religion, we're hatching a cuckoo's egg of our own destroyer. You could take 100 college grads and 99 will say that the Crusades caused Islamic resentment when in fact, the battle of Tours took place 3 centuries before the First Crusade.
Find me a decade among the 400 million Arabs where contributions to the global community matches a single week here.
Before you give up and go to Costa Rica (sadly Israel is beating the US in the race to oblivion), I'd like to find out if there are any among those of us who are pissed at what's been lost and are willing to fight. I've been venting jeremiads since 2002 and have been attacked by the RoP relentlessly.
I've got 6 kids and am not quite ready to give up on their future. Seeking the most comfortable asylum to wait out the dhimmification of the castrated West isn't appealing to me.
Ann Coulter was prescient in the words that got her fired from the National Review: "we should invade their countries, kill their leaders and convert them to Christianity". Maybe we should try converting Europe to Charles Martel's Christianity for practice.
I'm an Orthodox Jew and I have NO problem with that.