November 04, 2003
no surprise to me
People at the blog meet kept commenting on how well everybody got along and how we all seemed to be kindred spirits. I have some questions about that.
1) If you've read a blog for a while, do you start to believe that you KNOW the person who writes it, even though you've never met that person?
2) If you met that same person for the first time at a blog-meet, would you be at a loss for conversation?
3) Do you believe that blogging attracts the same kind of people to that medium of expression?
4) Are you afraid to speak in a room full of people that you don't know very well? If so, THEN DON'T BLOG!
5) Do you read some blogs and have this overpowering urge to jump the writer's bones, even though you've never seen that person before? If so, email ME.
I wrote that missive just to say that bloggers tend to get along. Everyone I met at the blog-fest was outgoing, egotisitical and LOUD. I am... uh... outgoing, egotistical and LOUD. Yep, no problems there. The only real difficulty was having only one person speak at a time all day long. That never worked out quite right. We made a lot of noise.
I am convinced now that if you demanded that a room-full of bloggers be perfectly quiet for 60 seconds, heads would explode. Bloggers aren't built to be quiet. If they were, they wouldn't blog.
That's MY humble opinion.
Could it be that some people just gravitate towards each other?
Ha! Talk about loud... you should have been at the Great Texas Blogfest of 2003, where Rachel Lucas, Jennie Taliaferro, Emperor Misha, The Mrs., myself and guest furriner Bill Whittle were together.
We solved the probelms of the world in 60 seconds flat (hint: it involved shooting liberals), then we moved on to playing with my guns.
Next time you have a Jawja blogfest, let me know well in advance -- I'll be the token furriner, gladly.
Hell Kim, I'm pretty sure Rob's declared you an honorary resident of God's country already...if he hasn't, I do so now by the authority vested in me by my Texan bride ;-)
Yup, Nope, Yup, Nope, and it depends if she's a southern girl and/or drives a Porsche.
How about a blogger meet at the Knob Creek machine gun shoot sometime? I am so there.
I did already know you ! ;o)
Hell, I've WRITTEN every word on my bog and I STILL dont know who I am.....
heh heh heh
I am convinced now that if you demanded that a room-full of bloggers be perfectly quiet for 60 seconds, heads would explode.
LMAO. Still, I think some of our heads felt as if they were going to explode Sunday morning.
Hell, I didn't even know what a kegstand was until my first ever Cleveland Blogger Bash last year. Jeez Loo-Eez, them thar is some partiers!
2.Only if he shows me his Roscoe.
4. I'll talk to anybody
5. Almost every time I read that blog called "Gut Rumbles"
5) Do you read some blogs and have this overpowering urge to jump the writer's bones, even though you've never seen that person before? <---Yes, and I currently live in a cozy little apartment with that writer, in wine country (northern) California... ;D
See? Faery tales do come true.... ;)
Knob Creek? I am so there! I want to fire that .50 cal machine gun sooooo bad.
And Acidman, on #5? Absolutely. But I'm an honorable and married woman.
Now, after the funeral.... *smirk*
Acidman, I have wanted to jump your bones, too many times. But, my computer isn't set up right to e-mail you directly. Gotta get that fixed, quick.
I've been one very sexually frustrated woman after reading some of your thoughts.
Gotta love #5! But I plead the fith on that one ;) Welcome back Rob. Glad to hear you all had a great time!
1. no moren reading somebodies T-shirt.
it might tell you if you want to go drankin with them,though.
2. just call me Maguyver. if i am of a mood, i can make conversation out purt near anything.
3.no. any moren an overturned truck fulla running shoes attracts people with the same size feet. it's more opportunity and inclination. i mean everbody needs shoes. cept for christopher reeves.
everbody loves to talk.
not everbody ought to.
4.what group you talkin bout? i been
known to shout "FIRE" in the front of a crowded firing squad.
5.not bones. couple i would love to hear them read it out loud.